Picking a NJ Criminal Defense Lawyer
When you are charged with a crime or an offense in NJ, the first thing you need to do is STOP TALKING TO THE COPS. The police are not there to discuss the weather or to make sure you are comfortable in your cell. Anything you say can be used against you, including at your trial. What you need to do is consult immediately with a knowledgeable and experienced criminal defense lawyer like Howard Bailey who specializes in criminal defense, protecting the rights of his clients throughout the State of New Jersey.
If you are charged with a crime or an offense in New Jersey, contact Howard Bailey at 973-982-1200 to discuss what needs to be done to protect your rights and your freedom.
Knowledge, Experience and Commitment to Your Defense
All attorneys are not created as criminal defense lawyers. Some are better in administrative, real estate, or some other area of law. If you are facing the loss of your freedom, who do you want protecting you…the lawyer who handles criminal defense cases all day, every day, or the lawyer who handles something else a large part of the time? Think of it another way, if you were having heart surgery, do you want the general practitioner to do your surgery or would you want a surgeon?
There are a number of questions you should ask before you pick who will represent you, such as:
- How much of your practice is criminal defense?
- How many cases do you handle in a year?
- How long have you been handling criminal defense cases?
- How many criminal trials do you do in a year?
- When did you do your last criminal jury trial?
- When did you last handle a case like mine?
- How often do you go to the Court my case is in?
- What do you think needs to be done right away to protect my rights and freedom?
- What am I facing if I am convicted?
- If I were to plead guilty, what is the range of plea the prosecution will offer?
- Is there any way to divert the case to PTI?
- Am I eligible for an early release from prison?
- How long will a conviction stay on my record?
Any Court. Any Crime. Any Time.
For a free consultation with an experienced criminal trial lawyer, call Howard Bailey at 973-982-1200.